www.TrueKnights.org Purity News Archive

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Serenity

Serenity. In searching for blogs that are out their with people in recovery I found this prayer again that I say so often.
This is a slightly different version than I know by heart, so I will post it here.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful worldas it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Under the Mercy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found that on my blog (I assume it was mine since you were just there!). If you dig deep enough in my blog I share my struggles with sex/love addiction. Its pretty much ruined all my relationships and I am still struggling - but not acting out.

I am glad you are sharing on your blog. It's misunderstood, its more common than most people realize and its VERY healing to share.