www.TrueKnights.org Purity News Archive

Monday, September 24, 2007

Meeting last night on Step Two

"Came to believe that a power reater than ourselves could restore us to sanity."

When I first started the program ever so long ago I wanted 12 steps, 12 things I had to do that would save me and change me and then I was done. What I got was a way to make me whole again in every part of my life: a father, a son, a husband, a co-worker, an employee and on and on.

Instead of trying to do this myself and changing how I dealt with stress by being a butthead or acting out in a different way I needed to realize the need for surrender. I was trying to do it my way.

I Their are two types of crosses, the human cross is the one I make. When I want things a certain way or try to deal with things on my own. The other is the human and divine cross, it is the one set for me by God. In it I can find true freedom and true joy and true peace. When I surrender my right to do it my way and accept who I am made to be and how God made me.

Under the Mercy,
MS

1 comment:

10thstep said...

I jus stumbled upon your blog. I've linked you in mine so that I can come back in the future. Good stuff.