www.TrueKnights.org Purity News Archive

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Patience

In recovery we are supposed to use the actions of love to replace the actions of lust. The measure we give is the measure we receive.

What is love? Love is patient.

What does it mean that I am supposed to be patient? How does this relate to me as an addict? One of the biggest things I can think of about an addict is that we take things we want, we don't want to wait for things in their proper order, we want things the way we want them to be. We are a generally impatient people.

Something I have found good to practice is when I am going somewhere and their is someone that is going the same place, for instance into the library, but they are behind me a bit, I will slow down and perform an act of kindness. I will get to the door and hold it for them, they are several steps behind me but it makes me stop and WAIT on someone and perform a small act of random reparation anonymously.

This action of finding an opportunity to help someone, taking time to help them and making sure it takes time from me is good. It also has to be a small sacrifice, not for a thank you from a stranger but for that person because they are a person. I usually offer a small prayer for them for God's will or serenity in their life.

Under the Mercy,
MS

God, grant me the serenity....

No comments: